All Skill Levels
Saturday, June 19
Pleasant Grove Rec Center Parking Lot (547 S Locust Ave)
Purpose of the event
We are excited to bring back the Chalk the Lot Event! Families are invited to decorate the Rec Center/PGHS parking lot! We will have food trucks, music, giveaways, and plenty of family resources to share!
Awards ceremony at 7:30 pm.
The purpose of the event is to promote the United Way EveryDay Strong Program. Safety, connection, and confidence are the building blocks for resiliency in our youth and families.
Families will park in the lower lot areas and walk to the designated entrance and be assigned a parking stall to decorate. Chalk will be provided, or families can bring their own.
*Please bring your own water, snacks, sunscreen, chairs/blankets. The asphalt may be hot, so bring towels or blankets to use while drawing on the parking lot.
All those who attend the event will receive an EveryDay Strong booklet and other prevention resources.
Prizes will be given for the following art categories:
- Safety – who keeps us safe? (ex. Parents, PGPD, PDFD, Teachers, Doctors, Nurses)
- Connection – how do we stay connected? (ex. Traditions such as Strawberry Days, family dinners, games)
- Confidence – what gives you confidence? (ex. Talents and hobbies, Strengths, Hard work)
- Literacy – favorite books, characters, or scenes
*Our wonderful librarians will be the judges
All participants will be entered into a drawing to win a gift card to local restaurants. There are 3 ways to enter:
- Participating in the chalk event
- Signing up for the virtual United Way EveryDay Strong Resilience class (instructions provided at the event)
- Posting a picture at the event or about the United Way EveryDay Strong program on social media – tagging PG Cares & the PG Library